When you are planning a trip, it is usually customary to check the best prices on flights and hotels. When you Google for these keywords, you might notice that the top searches are ads, these companies make use of Google AdWords. Google AdWords is an advertising tool that helps companies easily reach more customers by giving them a higher priority in the search results.
There are many advantages when using Google AdWords and its advertising tools. Perhaps the most important advantage is that the tool is measurable. This means that it is easy to know where your new visitors and customers come from. In comparison with, for example, TV and newspaper advertising, Google AdWords’ advantage of being online makes it easier to receive information on how your campaign is doing. Google AdWords uses the pay-per-click (PPC) model which is best described as buying yourself more visitors instead of getting organic clicks to your website. The statistics from PPC give you a detailed overview of what works and what can be done better. With AdWords, it gives you the opportunity to be flexible with how you want to create your campaigns and ads. These are some of the advantages that only work with Google AdWords:
- With specific keywords, your ad appears only when someone googles your specific keywords. An example might be someone looking for “Hotels in Stockholm”, then your ad will appear to this target group. It easily filters out the audience that doesn’t need a hotel in Stockholm, so you do not pay for clicks that don’t generate money. In order to attract your target audience remember to use long tail keywords. It is not only an effective way to attract a certain audience but also economically cheaper since there is less competition in that area.
- You can use ad extensions to show a product image or a phone number. It is also possible to start a chat or get an email address directly from your search results.
- Since a large portion of your traffic may be useless, for example, Sweden is your market, but you also generate traffic from other countries. Then you may want to limit your audience by location, time of day or which browser they use. Through AdWords, you do not advertise to the whole world, if you don’t want to.
- You can pause at any time and update your campaign if you are not satisfied or want to try something new.
You may still wonder if it is worth paying for something that costs money even if the visitor who clicked on your ad did not buy anything. Statistically, ad clicks are more popular than common organic clicks. Statistics in the US show that nearly 65% of internet users click on an ad link.
Depending on what market your business belongs to, it can vary how much a Google AdWords campaign can cost you. This can make it difficult for smaller businesses to establish themselves in a popular market because they must have strong finances. If your maximum bid is 50 SEK, then Google will only show your ad to people if your competitors aren’t bidding more, on average. However, your cost per click (CPC) can be lower if you have a great quality score. Your CPC bid times your quality score makes up the “equation” for how your ad ranking against others will give you more exposure.
A better picture is to see how much the 20 most popular keywords cost in Google Adwords per industry in this article.
If you are a small business, it might be worth thinking about how to best utilize Google AdWords. Here are some tips:
- Be part of the customer’s journey. Using the right keywords, a smart example is to use long tail keywords, try to think from a customer perspective. Make a list of which keywords that might be right for your business and what kind of words the consumers use when they Google you.
- Go small. If your business has a physical location or if you sell a service, it may be effective to use local words. Stick to your geographical point.
- Use a primary platform. There are many different online platforms to use to reach out to people. To start with Google AdWords can be a good idea because you can easily see statistics and analysis of the progress of your campaign. By using Google’s Keyword Planner you get a report of how effective your keywords are.
Before you decide to use Google AdWords, it is important that you plan for how you want to use the tool and who your target audience is. Choosing the right keywords for your target audience is a process that can take time, it is important that you keep up to date in order to see how your campaign is doing.
Leave a comment on how your company is using Google Adwords and any questions that we can answer to help your business conquer the internet with Adwords.